Back to Old John

   Bradgate Park & Old John

       

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click the pictures for more information.

 

The Bonfire

 

 

The Racecourse

 

 

The Stable

 

 

 

  Bradgate's Post Mill.  
 

A Windmill has stood on John Hill', the site of the Tower, since at least 1754 and they were used to grind corn.
A severe storm in 1784 made the Post Mill unsafe and it was demolished and replaced with the Tower we see today.

  These pictures are published by kind permission of The Bradgate Park Trust and are subject to Copyright.
For more information on Bradgate Park and Old John go to www.bradgatepark.org